I made a salad today for lunch, and threw in fruit as usual. The big accomplishment was making my own rather tasty dressing. I used to always buy dressings at the store, so this was a new experiment for me. This yielded quite a bit of dressing, so I hope it keeps.
* 1/2 bunch fresh spinach, chopped
* lettuce mix
* 1 apple, cubed
* 1 bacon avocado, cubed
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1 teaspoon mustard
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 apple, grated
1. Wash spinach and let dry. Add to salad mix along with apple and avocado cubes.
2. Whisk together sugar, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt, oil, and apple, or pulse a few times in blender.
3. Refrigerate spinach and salad mix, and dressing separately until serving time. Pour dressing over spinach just before serving and toss.