We have a ton of left over zucchini from yesterday’s BBQ. I am going to try making some zucchini bread.
2 cups finely grated zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat two 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray, line with parchment paper, and spray paper.
3. Combine zucchini, sugars, oil, and eggs in a large bowl and mix until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in nuts and extract.
5. Divide batter between loaf pans. Bake until a tester inserted in the middle of each loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Invert, and remove parchment paper. Cool completely on rack.