This recipe will yield 24 regular sized muffins or 48 mini muffins.
4 1/2 cups almond meal (I like to use Honeyville almond flour, although I wish it was organic)
4 ripe bananas
1/2 tsp real salt or Celtic sea salt (I buy both from Azure Standard)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cinnamon powder, sweet
1/4 lbd melted butter
6 farm fresh eggs (I used eggs from KTF vendor Cascade Grass Fed)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork or stick blender.
- Add eggs and butter and mix together.
- In another mixing bowl, add almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and stir until there are no clumps.
- Add the dry ingredients bit by bit to the wet ingredients while stirring.
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop into your muffin tins. I find that almond flour muffins tend to stick a lot more than grain flour muffins, so I prefer to use muffin papers.
- Bake on 350F for appx 15 minutes.