1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (I use organic, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil from GloryBee Foods)
2 Tbsp grade B maple syrup (grade B has higher mineral content and more flavor than grade A)
2 cups frozen summer berries, thawed (or fresh works too)
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut flour (I buy it from Tropical Traditions)
1/4 cup raw local honey
2 large farm fresh eggs
1 tbsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Pour your melted coconut oil and maple syrup in your cake pan.
- Add all the berries to the pan so they cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place this is the preheating oven for about 5 minutes.
- While your oven is preheating, combine all remaining ingredients in your mixing bowl and mix well using your hand mixer or by hand.
- Take your cake pan out of the oven and then evenly distribute it throughout the cake pan, on top of the raspberries.
- Once your oven is preheated, place your pan in and bake for about 20 minutes or until your cake passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a bit.
- Once cooled down a little, place a plate on top of the pan and then flip it over putting the berries on top.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.