It’s been fun baking all kinds of yummy things all week with almond flour. Here is another recipe I tried today. It came out really yummy, but I think next time I will use maple syrup as the sweetener. Sometimes I find the flavor of honey just a bit too overpowering.
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled down
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan with coconut oil and dust with almond flour.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into cake pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into brownie sized squares when cooled off a bit.
This post is part of Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist.