If you’re a city girl, like me, you probably did not know that carrot tops are actually edible and taste a lot like parsley!
Our “All You Can Eat” CSA right now contains all kinds of different greens, including quite a lot of carrot tops that I have had to get creative with. Here is a delicious way to use up all those greens.
a bunch of carrots with their tops on
a few fresh mint leaves (can be replaced with another herb, to taste), chopped up
small handful raisins
1-2 green onions or green garlic, to taste, also copped up
1 dash olive oil
1 dash lemon juice
1 pinch salt
- Coarsely chop (pulse) the carrots in the food processor until they have a couscous texture. Put aside in a bowl.
- Finely chop the carrot tops with a knife, like you would do with parsley.
- Remove the hard stems if there are any.
- Add to bowl with the carrot “couscous”, and add raisins and chopped mint leaves and onion/garlic.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, olive oil and salt.Enjoy!
You can find even more carrot top recipes here.